Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Welcome February!



Hello Cantonnites! Sorry for the late entry, we've been busy with some projects these past few days.

10th Annual Young Entrepreneurs Convention

A lot of you were asking how my speech went last Monday. It went well, thank God. I was the first speaker and I had a lot of fun sharing the Cafe Antonio story to the high school and college students present at the event. In fact, I had so much fun I spoke for an hour, even though I was allotted only 45 minutes, hehe. It's been awhile since I've spoken in front of a crowd, the last time was my thesis presentation. I really hope they learned a lot from our story and I hope I represented the cafe well and what we believe in.

For those of you who missed the event, you can watch the full speech taken by Dan the Japanese Man: Photography-han at Kapihan. He will post the video next week at Multiply and Youtube. Watch out for it.

I would like to thank my friend, high school batchmate, and fellow San Pablo Boy, Mark Race (president of the UP Circle of Entrepreneurs) and the rest of the organization for inviting us to the event. It was really a good opprotunity for us to share our story. Thanks guys!!!

NEW ON THE MENU

Finally! The Pasta Antonio is available! It's our veggie alternative to Pasta Bolognese. It's made with fresh tomatoes and its taste is reminiscent of a Putanesca. Add cayenne pepper for an extra kick! Only 50 pesos.

FLAVOR OF THE MONTH (FOM)

This month's FOM was quite challenging to make. We needed something that tastes romantic but at the same time not adhering to Valentines Day cliches like using chocolate and the color red. Our first idea was the Caramel Apple flavor. We achieved the taste but it didn't feel like "love". It felt more like Halloween. Then I thought of a choco-strawberry variety. We tried it but it looked like a normal Strawberry Frothiccino, it even tastes like it too. I was getting disappointed. My taste-tester, Tracy, also didn't like the presentation, it looked simple compared to the blockbusters like Brownie Fudge Frothiccino and Overload Frothiccino. So I went to the supermarket and picked up a bottle of MAGIC ELIXIR. I dumped and blended a few ingredients, added a "capful" of the MAGIC ELIXIR, then topped the whole drink with the combined powers of whipped cream and ice cream. Boom! The WHITE STRAWBERRY was born. It's an oxymoron, like Vertical Horizon or O.J. Mayo.

For only 150 pesos, you can enjoy this drink for the rest of the romatic month of February. Yesterday we already made 11 orders, not bad for a rookie.

NEW VIDEO

This morning, I made the commercial for our FOM. We used the song Always by Erasure. Remember your elementary days? It's our first commercial where we used major participation from our customers and friends. In the video, you'll see Eliezer the espasol boy, Drew the Koinonia.com boy, the delegates of the YEC in UP Diliman, plus many others! Watch it at http://youtube.com/cafeantonioelbi.


LOYALTY PROGRAM UPDATE

It's been raining coffee at Cafe Antonio! Loyalty mugs are given almost everyday as customers hurry to complete their Loyalty cards before February 28. Special mention to round 2 winners (those who already have two mugs), Al of Espaleklek, Chris Belison, and Jeg delos Reyes. Mga adik kayo! Congrats! View the pictures at http://cafeantonioelbi.multiply.com.


PRAYER ITEM

Please pray for our Dumaguete family. Our bosses' mother, Rene PiƱero, is in St. Lukes Hospital right now, she has fluid in her lungs. Please pray for her speedy recovery.

That's it for now, God bless everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment