Sunday, April 27, 2014
Friday, April 25, 2014
22. Do you have WiFi?
* Yes, finally! But for a long period, our slogan used to be "We SatiFi with No WiFi." Other slogans were: Your Coffee, Our Passion; Groove to a Different Bean; Coffee will Save the Day; and now, "Specialty Coffee and Hearty Meals."
23. What's up with the new logo?
* That's a manual drip coffee brewer placed on top of a ceramic cup. It symbolizes our emphasis on low-input yet high quality, hand-crafted, made-to-order coffee brewing.
24. Why are there so many owls in the cafe? And who is Owltonio?
* The "owl craze" started in 2011 when a customer brought a stuffed white owl to the cafe. Jabez blurted out "Owltonio" at the site of the plushie and Ian (one of our former baristas) "borrowed" it from the customer. We called the owl, "Owltonio," made it our mascot and named our house blend coffee after it. Since then we kinda stuck with the "nocturnal coffee-drinkin' owl" concept and people started giving us owls of all shapes and sizes as a sign of true and lasting friendship.
25. What is a CAntoneer?
* Cafe Antonio survived on student volunteers for quite some time. We called them CAntoneers and we call on them to help during special events.
Monday, April 21, 2014
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
|The staff (L-R): Elmer (bar manager), Jabez (PRO), Maricel (assistant cook); Mabel (head cook); Cathy (dishwasher)|
|Members of The Health Walk (L-R): Jus Right, Makiling Hillside Delicacies, Ashoka, and Satya Graha.|
Monday, April 14, 2014
Sunday, April 13, 2014
|Photo Credits: http://bethelncumc.com/journey-with-jesus-holy-week-2014-april-13-20/|
Saturday, April 12, 2014
Tuesday, April 8, 2014
We can't believe it has been six years already since the cafe opened back in 2008! How time flies!
I remember it was raining really hard during our grand opening. I was at Star Commercial having our menus laminated 30 mins before the opening ceremony.
I told myself, "this is it, the first day of the rest of our lives!"
Oh man, I was just a 21-year old kid back then with high hopes.
God has been faithful all these years. We're still alive! After moving four times!
It's a miracle. Lots of miracles happen in this place. :)
Posted via Blogaway