* We're pleased to announce that our FoM for October, the Brownie Fudge Frothiccino (BFF) was ordered TWENTY-SIX (26) times last week! I think that was already the total number of last month's FoM orders! Very good, very good. If you haven't tried this drink yet, better order now, don't wait for October to end.
CAFE ANTONIO 100% BENGUET ARABICA COFFEE
* For coffee-lovers and for those dependent on brewed coffee, we have a new product for you coming this November. Starting next month, 100% Benguet Arabica Coffee Beans will be available in 500 gram bags. You can also buy a cup of pressed coffee at our cafe.
* So what are Arabica beans? Basically, Arabica is the species of coffee grown in high altitude areas like Benguet. It is a very high maintenance crop unlike its lowland counterpart, the Robusta. Arabica coffee has a smoother and more delicate flavor, has less caffeine, and is mostly used in specialty coffee shops featuring Arabicas from different parts of the world.
* You can try a sample of our Benguet Arabica beans at the cafe for free this month, just ask me (Jabez) to brew you a cup and we'll talk more about the intricacies and subtleties of coffee.
* We just bought a 12 oz French Press for our cafe. Now using a coffee press is the best way to brew coarse to medium ground coffee. Use this method instead of using a home drip coffeemaker, and I promise you your coffee will taste better and not bitter.
* For more tips and tricks about coffee, you can visit my "dead" coffee blog at http://thecoffeeofjabez.blogspot.com or by clicking the blog title. It's a blog where I used to put my coffee insights while I was training to be a barista and before the cafe started. I stopped writing for that blog when I started the cafe's blog. It's kinda difficult for me to write two blogs.
UPLB LOYALTY DAY
* We didn't attend the parade since we had work during that time but we would like to thank everybody, especially the alumni, for supporting us on that day. Our sales just went "boom" that night, and we were all dead-tired at the end of the day. Our blender was also dead-tired and it literally went "boom". It stopped functioning after our friend, Eric, ordered a custom, Red Ribbon-inspired, White Forest Frothiccino. Thankfully, it was the last order. What a way to end the week! To take things positively, it was a way of saying that the cafe outdid itself last week, Friday was definitely Showtime and Saturday was crazier than Showtime, imagine that!
* Thank you everyone, we hope to get our blender fixed, right now we're using two newly bought blenders, we hope it would last this time. This week should be as amazing! We would like to thank our graphic artist, Jeg, for designing our "Mumunti Man, UP Naman" tarpaulin. He did it on very short notice (he didn't sleep). Thanks also to Aldo, Candy, and Sherwin for helping us conceptualize the witty statement for the tarp. It really got a lot of buzz on Facebook.
* See you this week everyone! Mabuhay ang Los Banos at ang UPLB!