Monday, January 11, 2010

In "Coat-tations"




* Yesterday, while we were driving back home from Burger King early in the morning, Zadl, Vinci, and I (last Saturday's volunteer "Suited-Crew") reviewed the week we just had--the first week of the decade.

* Honestly, I am having a very difficult time right now trying to capture the gist of what has transpired last week. The week was very long, it felt like a long, stressful, and yet interesting month. I would wake up early every day not knowing why. Excitement, anxiety...it was a ball of emotions. A bouncing ball. I would find myself playing drums to the song "These Days" by Chantal Kreviazuk in the morning.

* My friends and I, we're in a stage of our lives where we're trying to find a lot of stuff. Right now my head is as blank as it is full. As organized as it is messed up.

* No, I'm not troubled, I'm not really lost. I feel more inspired and determined in a very 2010-kind-of-way. And yet the tone of what I am typing does not reflect what I feel inside. In contrast to most of my blog entries wherein my heart usually dictates the fingers that presses the keys. It's a free-flowing outpour of thoughts.

* The year and the decade, they arrived at the same time. The last time that happened, we were only kids. We were too young to appreciate and to understand the significance of this event.


* Most of you were wondering why we were wearing suits last Saturday. The simple explanation is...we just wanted to. Sometimes it's good to try things you haven't done before. Like wearing suits on an ordinary day.

* We've been here for almost two years. And the year 2009 was a very stable and secure year for us. I grew complacent and contented with what we've been doing as a coffee shop.

* But there's always a tiny voice in my head telling me that this isn't our best. I've always believed that mediocrity and complacency is a sin. And I know that each and everyone of us are meant to live for so much more (Switchfoot reference), so much more indeed.

* It doesn't end here. It doesn't stop here. I want to do my best in everything I do. And doing one's best always results to something good.

No comments:

Post a Comment